Saving multiple numbers or text items per name
You can save different types of phone numbers and short text items per name in
the phone’s internal memory for contacts.
The first number saved is automatically set as the default number and it is
indicated with a frame around the number type indicator, for example
you select a name from contacts, for example to make a call, the default number is
used unless you select another number.
1. Ensure that the memory in use is either
Phone and SIM
settings for contacts
2. To access the list of names and phone numbers, press
in standby mode.
3. Scroll to the name saved in the phone’s internal memory for the contact to
which you want to add a new number or text item, and press
5. To add a number or detail, select one of the number types or text types,
• If you select the text type
to search for an ID by a mobile phone number or an e-mail
address in the server of the operator or service provider if you have
connected to the presence service. See
. If only one
ID is found, it is automatically saved. Otherwise, to save the ID, press
, and select
To key in the ID, select
Enter ID manually
. Key in the ID and press
2004 Nokia. All rights reserved.
To change the number or text type, select
in the options list. Note
that you cannot change the type of an ID when it is on the
To set the selected number as the default number, select
Set as default
6. Key in the number or text item and press
to save it.
to return to standby mode.